We look and feel what we take in through our mouths. Being physically active is a major factor in balancing your health but using food as medicine has also become popular nowadays. It’s a trend to take in healthy food as it’s a primitive step towards a healthy life. When healthy eating becomes our habit, we feel happier and lighter. Some foods also help you reduce weight, and body fat, and cure some diseases too. Frequency studies have revealed that a fitness program without a managed diet plan is a waste.
In this article, we will tell you about the importance of taking in the right nutrients and food that will help you stay healthy and fit.
Eating right does matter a lot
Not only does the amount of food going in the matter but quality also plays a major part. Eating KFC burgers, McDonald’s wraps, and fried chicken all day is not good for your health. Taking in the right nutrients is the only way to keep your body healthy and fit. There are nutrient-dense or superfoods essential to your health. They’re a source of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants for the body. It includes:
- Lean proteins
- Healthy carbohydrates
Some nutrient-dense foods like Red peppers contain compounds to boost up the metabolism and burn more fat. Leafy vegetables are a great source of powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants help to reduce inflammation in the body and fight against illness and diseases.
Which food do you need to avoid?
It’s a waste to consume food that lacks nutrients and useful compounds. Here is a list of food you need to quit to stay healthy.
- Sugar contains zero calories as it has100% of energy and no other nutrients. Consume natural sugars through fruits, milk, and veggies.
- Caffeine is toxic that can cause headaches, depression, insomnia, high blood pressure, fatigue, etc.
- Soft Drinks are laden with calories and contain caffeine+sugar that are bad for our health.
- Refined Foods contain artificial compounds, less fiber, and more carbohydrates that lead to constipation, bowel problem, and colon cancer.
- Saturated Fats are a source of fatty acid that causes obesity, and increased cholesterol levels which further lead to heart-related problems.
- Animal Protein in the form of cheese, full-fat milk, ghee, red meat, and beef while taking in excess is destructive to health.
- The high amount of Salt is the major cause of hypertension.
- Reused cooking oil produces free radicals in the body and causes heart problems.
- Alcohol causes dehydration in the body.
Which food do you need to take in?
It is incredibly crucial to know how much and what your body needs to function properly. Begin with the following top nutrient-rich food for improved health and fitness:
- Oats are high in fiber which improves digestion and heart health.
- Blueberries contain antioxidants to reduce inflammation and help fight against cancer.
- Apples are rich in antioxidants, reduce inflammation, and boost weight loss.
- Green tea is herbal with antioxidants. It increases metabolism and weight loss.
- Flaxseed consists of essential fatty acids that increase metabolism and reduce inflammation.
- Broccoli is rich in antioxidants and good for cancer-fighting, and detox
- Yogurt has all useful compounds like calcium, and probiotics, that help in improving digestion, and bone health.
- Olive oil’s monounsaturated fatty acids improve heart health.
- Beans are high in fiber, and antioxidants, to enhance brain function.
- Cinnamon is a great antioxidant, detox, and healing spice.
The final takeaway:
Healthy eating habits and lifestyle improves overall health, lower the risk of diseases, and prevent obesity. Check Fit Foresight to know more about food that is not good for your health.
If you’re losing weight, we have some more useful information for you. Tap on see more here.